The Prep Peel Gel is a gentle exfoliator created to use on the brows and surrounding area. The gel consists of 4% AHA that penetrates deep into pores to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Perfectly cleaned skin will improve the longevity of Brow Henna color and other brow treatments.
AHA or Alpha Hydroxy Acid removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores. The cleaner the skin, the better the Brow Henna can penetrate the skin. Resulting in longer-lasting results. And isn't that all we are longing for?
Note: Exfoliating makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. Therefore always protect the brows with ourNourishing Aftercarebalm with SPF 30. 48H after Brow Lamination and 24H after Brow Henna.
HOW TO PREPARE THE BROWS FOR A BROW TREATMENT:
Step 1: Clean the eyebrows with the Supercilium Pro Cleanser on a cotton pad. Gently go over the eyebrows.
Step 2: Squeeze a pea-sized amount of the Prep Peel Gel onto your hand, dip a micro brush in it and apply the gel evenly over the brows.
Step 3: Massage the gel gently into the hair and skin using your finger tips for 15-30 seconds. Make sure the gel also touches the skin underneath the eyebrow hairs.
Step 4: Remove the Prep Peel Gel with the Pro Cleanser and a clean cotton pad.
step 5: Proceed with your brow treatment, like Brow Henna, Brow Tint, microblading or powder brows.
Supercilium offers a great alternative to regular brow tinting. The composition of Supercilium eyebrow dye is based on the latest innovations in hair coloring. Thanks to a careful selection of pigments, this henna does not leave a red glow on skin or hair. Henna has been used for thousands of years to transfer color onto skin, leaving a sophisticated tattoo effect and well-defined brow.
One jar contains 7 grams, which is up to 56 applications.
Skin: up to 2 weeks. Hairs: Up to 6 weeks.
Remember to always perform a patch test 48H before the treatment.
1. Mixing ratio: one spoon of Supercilium Henna powder with 15 - 20 drops of Supercilium Color Developer. Most beauticians use half a scoop for one henna treatment. Stir well until a smooth substance is achieved. It’s important that the henna is not too runny, nor too thick.
2. Use the Supercilium Prep Peel Gel to get rid of excess sebum, make-up buildup, and dead skin cells to ensure the longevity of Brow Henna treatments. Apply one drop on each eyebrow, massage it gently into the brow for 15 seconds and carefully remove it with a cotton pad with Supercilium Pro Cleanser.
3. Apply a layer of henna with an angled brush. Press/stamp the paint into the eyebrow until all skin is covered, back to front as well. Make sure to create sharp lines. Correct small mistakes using a cotton swab with Supercilium Color Corrector
4. Remove product at the inside of eyebrows after 3-5 minutes for an ombre effect, with a damp-not too wet-cotton pad. If still too light, reapply and leave on for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove the rest of the henna after 10-20 minutes. If you want to correct or lighten the brow color, use the Supercilium Color Corrector again by gently wiping over recently painted brows with a cotton swab.
Adding several drops of Supercilium Eucalyptus Color Developer to the Brow Henna mixture will set the Henna better. Besides that, it will help intensify the color by carrying it deeper into the skin and hair. Everything you need to create the long-lasting results which your clients are longing for.
The Color Developer can be mixed with different shades and colors of Brow Henna. Adding a few drops in the henna following the indicated ratio helps intensify the henna color, and have the henna better set.
Note: The Color Developer is the improved formula and substitute for our previous Rosewater Fixing Lotion.
Mix 10-20 drops of the Supercilium Color Developer with 1 measuring spoon (~25g) of henna powder properly until theperfect henna pastecomes out. Lighter color tends to need more drops of Color Developer. The paste shouldn’t be too runny, nor too thick. The mixture should achieve a smooth, and thick-looking texture.
Because of the excess oil of some skin types, there can be atougher barrier that prevents the henna from penetrating the skin and leaving a long-lasting stain. In other words, it’s more difficult for oily skin to absorb henna on the skin.
This is why we introduced the Supercilium Color booster. With 2% saline, this product serves as a henna activator to make sure that henna pigment is absorbed much better and to intensify the color of the henna on the skin, which guarantees the client is able to enjoy her henna brow with a better and longer-lasting result.
The Color Booster will intensify henna stain and will extend the longevity of henna, especially for people with oily skin. If you add Color Booster, which contains 2% Saline, to the henna mix, it will make sure the skin absorbs the henna pigment much better. No matter how skilled you are, the expected brow henna results sometimes don’t show on the brows of clients with oily skin.
What is Saline?
Salineis basically water that contains a high concentration of dissolved salts. Normallythis is used for medical solutions, but in our research, we found out that because of its moisture-reducing abilities, it can also be used to intensify the henna color.
Normally, you would mix one scoop of henna with 15 to 20 drops of the Color Developer. When adding the Color Booster to the mix the ratio is1:1. So you replace half of the drops with the Color Booster.
Forlighterhenna colors (Blonde, Light Brown, Medium Brown):
One scoop of henna + 15-20 drops: half Color Developer, half Color Booster.